Golf Cart Usage in Long Bay
1 of 4
Long Bay is a superb environment to travel the community in a golf cart to go to the pool or beach for the day, to visit with neighbors, or just check out what's new in the neighborhood.
All golf carts must be registered (and numbered) with the Long Bay Association and owners must abide by the association regulations. Owners should also check with their individual village association for any parking and storage restrictions.
Golf Cart Registration is Mandatory. All golf carts in both Long Bay and South Down must be registered with Evergreen Management and have a numbered decal. Drivers with no decals will be stopped by security, and fines may be issued as approved by the Safety & Security Committee and the Long Bay Board. If you have not yet registered your golf cart, please contact Evergreen Management and they will provide you with a registration packet.
As with any motorized vehicle, safe operation of golf carts is an absolute necessity. Please operate your golf cart responsibly, for your safety and the safety of your neighbors.
Contact Number: 603-527-8147
GOLF CART RULES & REGULATIONS
These Rules & Regulations amend all previous rules and regulations concerning golf carts. These Rules & Regulations were approved by the Long Bay Homeowners Association II Board of Directors and the South Down Council and were effective May 1, 2013.
1. Registration – ALL golf carts in Long Bay and South Down must be registered through the Management Company (Evergreen Management) and properly display the issued registration number to a visible section at the front of the cart.
2. Operational Age Requirements - Driver must be at least 16 years of age. Drivers under the age of 16 may operate a golf cart provided there is an adult age 21 or older on the front seat supervising the minor.
3. Operation Guidelines – Golf carts must comply with all traffic rules and regulations and must reduce speed when approaching pedestrians who always have the right of way. Golf carts may not be operated on unauthorized trails, roads, or property.
4. Passenger Requirements – Golf carts shall not be operated with more passengers than are seats on the golf cart. All passengers must remain seated while the cart is moving.
5. Lights – All golf carts must have operational head and tail lights when driving after dark.
6. Mirrors* – Golf carts must be equipped with a rear view mirror.
7. Safety Restrictions – The towing of any person or object is not permitted. Reckless driving to endanger is prohibited.
*Note: Mirrors will be encouraged in 2013 and enforced after 2014.